Saturday, August 12, 2017

Review: Extras

Extras Extras by Scott Westerfeld
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others. The book was...ok, but compared to the others it was a bit disappointing.

The book is set three years from where Specials ends and in a different city, that is not said where but you later found out the main character speak Japanese when they meet Tally about more than halfway through the book. Which is another thing, you are introduced to brand new main characters who are obsessed with fame or in the author's words, "face rank", though fame is also used as well. After a while, this plot line got annoying for me. The action scenes were great to read and kept the book interesting for me and kept the plot moving but then it got a little hard to keep that interest when the characters started talking about "face rank" again. I could have done with out that.

All and all, I enjoyed the series as a whole but the series probably would have been ok with out this book ending it. Although, I think that this would have been a great start to a spin off series.

View all my reviews