Friday, December 9, 2016

The Happiest Time of Year?

Hello, lovely blog readers! It's been a while since I had an actual blog post. But hey, here's one now.

It's December, only a couple of weeks away from Christmas, which has been said to be the "Happiest Time of the Year". But this year, in parts of the world, that doesn't seem to be the case lately. There are many things that have happened in the past month. I'm not going to go into detail about those things because I myself only have a basic understanding of what has been going on (I really try not to focus on the many negative things that have been on the news.), but we all know what I'm referring to. 

Yes, it's a tough time. Yes, it really sucks. Yes, yes, and yes to everything that you could possibly say about all of the things, but we have to keep moving forward. Arguing with people who have different views on certain topics will not improve anything. Getting into a heated debate with people isn't going to change someone's opinions on a topic. Everyone needs to know that in order to have an intelligent conversation with other people. I try to remember that myself and to educate myself about those topics. If everyone remembers that, the world may be a little bit better, in my opinion. 

The main reason I wanted to post this was to just remind everyone to take a deep breathe and just keep moving forward. I know it's difficult to do that sometimes, but just focus on what is around you at the moment and decide what you can do to improve something that is surrounding you at the moment. Do you have a pile of clothes to fold? Fold them. Are there dishes in your sink to be washed? Wash them. Do you have a project that gives you joy when you work on it? Break out the needles/hook/etc and spend some time on that project. Do something that makes you feel like you have accomplished something. If you feel like you need to do something bigger then do some research to see what you can to do for the community. There are always ways to make it through a tough time. Trust me, I know.

If you've read some of my past blog post before then you may know that I, myself, struggle with anxiety. When I feel a panic attack starting, I focus on taking deep breaths and remind myself that everything is ok or going to be ok. If I'm still feeling anxious, I talk to Jordan and write in my bullet journal. Once I talk out what I think might have triggered the attack or what was wrong and then write it out, I feel like I get a weight off my chest. I start feeling loads better. 

Just remember, if you were really affected by the most recent events, those things will get better for you. Just breathe and keep moving forward. I hope that this helps a bit and if has, please leave a comment below or in the Ravelry group. I would love to hear your story.

Happy Moving Forward!
Sam<3