Saturday, July 23, 2016

Book Review: Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire

It has been a while since I had last done a book review so I thought it would be a good idea to do a quick review of the book I had finished last night. The review will also be on my Goodreads page as well.


Son of  a Witch 
by 
Gregory Maguire

I don't have my own copy of this book yet, so I had borrowed the e-book version from my local library e-book lending website, so this review is based from reading the e-book.

This story picks up Liir's point of view after the end of the first book, Wicked. It follows him through re-gaining his memories, after a near fetal accident, and his travels while he tries to find out who he is and where he belongs. You share the horrors he faces and meet the people who influence him in some way, past or present. 
Gregory Maguire does a great job with painting each scene with vivid detail that it's easy to fall into the story. He influences his readers to root for the main characters and severely dislike those who've done wrong in the world of Oz.
For those who are worried about swearing and suggestive language, I would be cautious of this book. The humor of the book maybe not be everyone's cup of tea, so keep that in mind. Just keep an open mind, the book is fascinating and it really hooks you in. I would recommend this book for high school age and older, and those who enjoy re-workings of older stories.

If you need to series to pick up for the summer I highly recommend the Wicked series.
Happy Reading!
Sam<3