Thursday, March 24, 2016

A Little Bit About Me: Music

Music plays (ha!) a big part in my life. Both my sister and I were in our high school's concert and marching band and indoor percussion. She had played clarinet for concert band, keyboards in marching band and indoor percussion. We tried to go to a few football games to watch her perform with the band and I loved going with my parents to pick her up from practice and seeing them working on sets. 

During that time I had wanted to be in the color guard but once I got into band, I decided that it wasn't for me. The bug had really bit me when one night after a home football game, the band was marching back to the band room  and my sister had pulled me into the line behind her. I thought it was so cool to be standing at attention with everyone while they were being dismissed. I knew then that I wanted to join when I got into junior high. 

So from sixth grade to my senior year I played clarinet in concert band, seventh to my senior year I marched clarinet, my senior year I played bass clarinet and clarinet in concert band, and played the smallest bass drum in indoor percussion. 

I learned team work and leadership while I was in band. I was a section leader my senior year, but it also made my love of music stronger. It's one thing that I wish I did more of but I really enjoy listening to the different scores for the newer movies that came out, and see learning which composer made the score.

That's just a little bit about my background in music. I was thinking about doing a post about my crafting background, but the posts I have done with the Year of Handmade talk about that so if you're interested just look of the tags that say "Year of Handmade" and they will pop up.

If you have any questions for me about anything that I had posted or if you want to know about me just leave me a comment below or in the Ravelry group

Happy Listening!

Sam<3

PS. Episode 33 is live on Youtube. I had to fight with the video editor yesterday to get it live, but I'm going to try to get the snow notes up soon!