Tuesday, March 15, 2016

A Little Bit About Me: Books

I learned to read at a young age, around three or four years old. Pretty much ever since I learned the Alphabet I've loved to read. Anything I could get my hands on, I wanted to read it. I grew up around books (and crafting but we'll get to that soon), my family loves to read so that help plant the seed.
My father likes to read westerns, mom loves her romance books, and my sister and I love fantasy like Harry Potter.

If I'm remembering correctly, my favorite book in elementary school (kindergarten to second grade) were Butterfly Kisses, I'm not sure if that was the title or if that was the main plot of the book, and Rainbow Fish. We also had a few of the little Golden books.

Middle school (third grade to fifth grade), I was reading the Wishbone and America Girl series. My favorite series though was about a mouse called Ragweed. We had read it in class and I really enjoyed it, so I found the rest of the books in the series.

Junior High was when I discovered the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce, still love them and all of her other books as well. Then I finally picked up Harry Potter and fell into that rabbit hole. I had heard about them but just didn't pick them up until the last one was coming out. I'm up to my seventh re-reading of the series and I still enjoy them as I did with the first reading.

Lastly in high school, I found the Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz, way better then Twlight...even though I haven't read Twlight yet...I'll get to it eventually..I also got into Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series and I enjoy those a lot as well.

I've read and re-read a lot of books but those are the ones that just come to mind, If you have any questions about books or series that I might have read, or if you have a recommendation for me just leave it in the comments below or here in the Whatcha Reading thread in the Ravelry group.

Happy Reading!

Sam<3