Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy 2016 everyone! I hope your 2015 was the best, and if not...well there's always this year. :)

As you might have noticed, I took the rest of 2015 away from the blog. But that doesn't mean that I have forgotten about you guys. I plan on making the blog better then last year. So to kick off the new year on the blog I'm going to share a few of my goals for this year.

Crafting

Spin more and learn more techniques. I would love to improve my finished yarns to make them look polished.
I would love to improve my drawings, but to do that I need to practice more. 
I want to do more paintings. (On another note: I need to get more paint...)
No intentional gift crafting. I don't mean to a ton of selfish crafting though. If I start something and start thinking about someone in my life, like if it's something that I can see them wearing/using. I've been doing this the past month or two and it saves me from the stress of the time crunch that is Christmas time.

Cooking and Baking

I really would love to cook more at home and get fast food less.
I would also love to bake more things too, less with buying cookies and sweet things and more home-baked sweets.

Personal

Be healthier. Both Jordan and I need to drink more water, eat healthier, and take better care of ourselves.
Take some classes. I've been signed up on Coursera for a year or two now, but I didn't really stick with the classes I had signed up for. So I'm going to try a class at a time. Maybe later on in the year I will enroll at the college here, but it just depends on how the year goes for us.
In high school I use to read a lot of books in one month. Now I don't do that as much as I want. So I'm going to try to get myself back up to where I was a few years ago.
Write more everyday in my journal. I would like to keep track of what happens each day. I have a collection of journals and they need to be filled with words. 
The Blog needs more love too. More posts that are filled with better sentences, things that make sense, not me rambling on about stuff all the time.
Improve on podcasting. I think I'm getting better at it, but I would still like to get even better.
And the most important thing for me is too pray more. I want to get more in tune with God and study the bible more. I don't want to fall into the lull where the only time I pray is when something difficult is happening in our life, I need to do it all the time.

It seems like a lot of goals here, but trust me there are a few others that I just haven't posted here. I will keep you all updated with how I'm doing with these goals of mine. (Hopefully with pictures!)

Are you starting the new year with any goals or are you going with the flow?
Share it with me in the comments or in the Ravelry group.

Let's have a Happy New Year!
Sam<3