Thursday, September 3, 2015

Recipe: Garlic Chicken and Pasta

I was in the mood for pasta last night but I didn't want to make a complicated meal. And since I did go to the store earlier in the day, I decided to just toss together something simply.

Note: A lot of the things that I make aren't exactly the healthiest but they are some simply and cheap stuff that is easy for me to put together. So that means lots of boxed meals. :/ But I'm trying to get at least one full meal in a day. (We don't eat many meals like I would like.) The boxed meals help us start something and we just add what we think sounds good with it and this recipe is one that came off the back of the box.

Garlic Chicken and Pasta


You'll need:

Boneless Chicken (the box suggests 1 lb, but I replace it with a small can of chunk chicken.)
1 box of Past Roni Garlic and Olive Oil Vermicelli
(I added a little bit of black pepper and Cayenne)

In a medium sauce pan, brown chicken on medium-heat with 1 to 2 tbsp of butter.

Slowly pour 1 3/4 cup of water, bring to a boil.

Add pasta, let it boil for a few minutes then add your seasonings. 

Let it boil until the pasta is tender.

It's pretty easy to make, I just wish I had a little bit more chicken but there is always next time.

Happy Cooking!
Sam <3