Wednesday, July 8, 2015

WIP Wednesday: July 8, 2015

This week's WIP Wednesday is the start of my second sweater.


This was actually my second swatch. I decided to go down a needle size from the one that is recommended for the pattern. I should probably tell you what the pattern is, shouldn't I? :P
I'll be knitting is Flax by tincanknits. It's part of their learn how to knit collection (The Simple Collection). I've knitted the Barley a few times and I loved it, their patterns are super easy to read and follow. 
I'm using Caron Simply Soft Soilds in the Charcoal Heather colorway. I have three skeins but will probably need a fourth, but we will see. 
I'm going down to size US 5s for the ribbing and US 7s for the body. Since I made my first sweater out of Caron Simply Soft before, I know how much it stretches and grows. So I wanted to get a tighter fitting fabric. 
I haven't done much besides knit up the swatch, but you'll see what's been stealing my attention soon.
Keep your eyes peeled...

Happy Knitting!

Sam<3