Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WIP Wednesday: July 15, 2015 (Tour de Fleece Edition)

This week I'll be sharing my two spinning projects I've been working on for Tour de Fleece.
My goal is to spin for a few minutes a day. Which has been going really well, I did take one rest day though. 

Here's my first wheel spun project:


It's a three pound bag of Ashland Bay Corrie Cross. I plan on just doing a 2-ply and then dyeing it when I'm finished spinning. 

My drop spindle project:


This is 4 oz of SW Merino hand dyed by Voolenvine Yarns. I'm learning how to ply on the fly with this project and I'm really enjoying the yarn I'm getting from this. I'm hoping to have enough to make a shawl or a hat. 

Have you been spinning for Tour de Fleece?

Share your project in the Ravelry group

Happy Spinning!
Sam<3