Sunday, June 28, 2015

Movie Review (Netflix Edition): Noah


Image from imdb.com

Summery from imdb.com:

Noah (2014)

PG-13 and 138 minutes long.

"A man is chosen by his world's creator to undertake a momentous mission before an apocalyptic flood cleanses the world."
When I first heard about this movie and found out that Emma Watson was in it, (I follow her on Twitter) of course it peaked my interest. Mostly because of Emma, but because of the story of it. The bible story of Noah is the major one I remember from Sunday School when I was a child. So I wanted to see how they will tell the story. 
I loved all the visual effects that they had, it made for great story telling. But there were somethings that they add that I'm not so sure about. (Mostly having to do with the bible story of Noah, but that's just the reader part of me being picky.) There were only two scenes that felt forced and sometimes seemed like the actors were over acting, but it didn't leave me going really? just wishing they would have went a different direction.
This was a pretty good movie. It had me glued to my TV screen and that is one thing that I find in movies, it has to keep my attention. This is one I'm considering getting it on Blue-ray to add it to my collection.
It is now streaming on Netflix, so go check it out!

Happy movie watching!
Sam<3