Wednesday, March 25, 2015

WIP Wednesday

So let's get back to some WIP Wednesday post shall we? Ever since the last WIP Wednesday I've been working on the very late birthday present for my mom.


Designer: Marly Bird
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in the Sky colorway.
Hook size: F/5-3.75mm
My project page is here.

I love the way this is working up, but I'm SO ready to finish this and mail it off to her. I'm getting close to finishing, I have very little of the current ball of yarn and I have one full ball left. Then of course I have to block it. 

I do have many other WIPs, but they haven't had any love in a while. Once I'm finished with this shawl I'll be posting more about the others. I haven't gave up on them yet!

The only other thing that has had my attention is the book I'm currently reading, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I've seen it on Goodreads a while ago and read that it had gotten some good reviews. So when I seen it at the local used bookstore I had to get it. I'm loving it so far, I definitely thinking that this is going to be a favorite that I pick up again and again. I'll share with you my favorite quote from the book, who knows maybe it's enough to get you to read it. ;) 
"That's what I love about reading: one tiny thing will interest you in a book, and that tiny thing will lead you onto another book, and another bit there will lead you onto a third book. It's geometrically progressive--all with no end in sight, and for no other reason that sheer enjoyment."
What projects have you been working on? What are you currently reading? Come and join the blog's Ravelry group and share with us. :)
Sam <3