Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Off the Needles and a Yarn Review

For the past month I was working on a pair of socks using Spun Right Round's Snappy Socks in the Zombie colorway. The pattern is called Da can you hear me MKAL. It was my first mystery knit-a-long and I loved it. Even though these were only my second pair of socks I had knit, they are my favorite. They fit better then my first pair and it also helps that I love the yarn.
My Socks.
I loved working with yarn, I never got bored with the project because I loved to watch the stripes show up. The yarn wasn't so splitty like a lot of commercial yarn and it was super squishy. I also have a good amount leftover from the skein to do a few squares for my mitered square blanket. I've also been spinning some fiber from her as well, 4 oz of 100% Merino in her The Club colorway.
The Club in 100% Merino
I'm also spinning 3 oz of some lovely Egyptian Red bamboo.
Egyptian Red Bamboo

So please go check out Renee Hahnel's shop Spun Right Round on Esty, she has tons of amazing yarns and fibers in wonderful colors. She also is really quick to ship out your order and will get back to you if you have a question. So go check out her shop. :)

Happy Knitting and Spinning!
Sam<3