Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Book Review: "The Light of Day" by Graham Swift

The Light of Day by Graham Swift is about George Webb an ex-cop turned private detective, who's job is to find out if his clients' spouses are having an affair, when one day a women walks in and asks him to keep an eye on her husband. But she tells him that she already knows that he's having an affair, with a girl who they gave their son's room too because she has no where else to go, but she wants to make sure that the girl flies back to her country alone. But George fell in love with this women, who ends up killing her husband when he comes home from dropping the girl off at the airport. So now George visit her in jail, thinks back about his family, his past job as a cop and that fateful night.

The only thing that really bothers me about this book is how it jumps around to different times during the main characters life. It made me confused and if I didn't read the summary on the back of the book AND on Goodreads then I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on. It's an ok book for me, and it's one of those books where I would give it one more try and if it's still just an ok book, then I'll pass it on to someone else who could love it. 

To see my star rating and short review, find me on Goodreads.
Sam<3