Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

 Sorry about this book review being a little late, I've had some family things going on, but here it is finally. 
Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.
Sixteen year old Jacob, grew up listening to his grandfather's stories about fighting monsters, living in an orphanage on an island, and all of his...peculiar friends. But Jacob thought that all the stories were just made up, but after seeing a terrifying creature just after his grandfather's death, he realizes that the stories were true. But after explaining everything that happened to his family and the cops he is made out to be crazy. But after sessions with his therapist, him and his father set out to the island his grandfather talks about. After searching the house that his grandfather had lived, he discovers what he was looking for. 
This book is the start of a series, it's a wonderful book, full of amazing pictures and has a plot line that you wouldn't be able to put down. The second book should be publish in the spring of 2014. I highly suggest that you read this book. You'll be blown away. I know I was when I read it for the first time.
To see my star rating, just go to my Goodreads page.

Sam