Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Book Review: Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon by Melissa Anelli

I just finished re-reading Harry, a History: The True Story of a Boy Wizard, His Fans, and Life Inside the Harry Potter Phenomenon by Melissa Anelli. It's been a couple of years since I first read it, but it was still as great as I remembered it. Just reading Melissa's point of view of the whole series just made me wish that I could go back to that time when the books were just coming out. I just started kindergarten when the first book was published, but I wished I started them earlier then Jr High, but this book just reminded me of the nights were I stayed up reading the series and talking about them to some of my friends who were also really into the series as well. It also reminded me where I was when Deathly Hallows was finally out, I was in my first year of band camp, and when a group of my friends and I went to the mid-night screening of Deathly Hallows: Part 1, and how I cried when Dobby and Hedwig died. To read about some one's journey with Harry was a great read. I highly recommend everyone to read both this book and the Harry Potter series. I know you'll love both as I do.